Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it may be damaged or incomplete"

Hello there,

i am using macbook pro 13inch mid 2010, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2).

After updating to Yosemite 10.10.2 and imovie 10 through ilife11 cd. I cant able to open my iphoto. When i try to open it i get "You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it may be damaged or incomplete" .

Can any one please help me how to over come form this prob with out loosing my photos and videos ?

I am trying to download iphoto form mac app store again to reinstall, IS IT A GOOD IDEA OR IS THER ANY OTHER BETTER OPTION?

THANKS for your time.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 4:41 AM

The only option to reinstall iPhoto v9.6 is from the App Store.

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2015 4:41 AM in response to Rajesh788

The only option to reinstall iPhoto v9.6 is from the App Store.

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

"You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it may be damaged or incomplete"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.