Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Volume on iPhone 6

Hi. I purchased a new iPhone 6 in November last year having been very pleased with the iPhone 4S. That phone had lasted me over two years and aside from the low storage space, would have continued to serve for a few years more! I got the 128Gb version of the 6 because I wanted to put more of my music on the phone.

There is, however, a very serious problem with this new phone. It does everything well and performs to the standard I expect from Apple. Unfortunately, the output from the headphone socket is really low compared to the 4S. I have read about other issues on this theme but many of them refer to notifications and interruptions that affect the volume.

I have checked all of the settings for sound. Apple Store in Brighton actually exchanged the phone for a new one. It still isn't as good at the 4S. In fact, it is terrible.

I have tried a range of headphones....in ear and over ear. These headphones work well in other MP3 devices (and the 4S) but when in the 6, they sound lower. When, for example, you listen to the Dr Dre Beats phones in HMV's unit, they sound brilliant. When plugged into the iPhone, they sound Ok but much lower - despite me increasing the volume and taking off the limiters etc!

No one seems to understand why I am experiencing this problem. A sales assistant in HMV confirmed that other Apple customers had made the same observation - so it can't be just me!

Is this something that Apple know about and are working on. If so that might make me feel happier with the future of the phone. If Apple do not see this as a problem then, I am going to remain a very disappointed iPhone owner. Friends of mine have suggested that I ditch the iPhone and invest in a Samsung Galaxy where the volume is good.

Any comments, reassurance or ideas are welcome.

Thank you

Gary

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 3:03 AM

1 reply

Low Volume on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.