Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod wont restore says an error occured (1)?

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 3:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2015 10:02 AM in response to missnaughty06

Hi missnaughty06,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPod can't be restored due to an "error 1" message, and you've found the article regarding resolving issues between iTunes and security software.

Be sure to follow the steps in that article to make sure that iTunes can communicate with your iPod. If you continue to see the error message, this article on restore errors suggests contacting Apple Support at this point:

Related errors: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer may have a hardware issue that's preventing the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't preventing your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Confirm that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Resolve iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.