Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any tips for finding an iPad lost in the post - believed stolen

an iPad sold on ebay was reset to factory settings, posted in royal mail, and did not arrive, according to the purchaser. So I have had to refund the purchase and do not have the iPad. Does anyone have an idea if Apple can trace the whereabouts using the serial number - or any other ideas to help me solve this one! It is either sitting in a post office, been mis-delivered and appropriated by the recipient, or received by the purchaser……..

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 4:20 AM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2015 5:05 AM in response to simonfromrickmansworth

no apple can't and if they could and did they would be in violation of the laws of most of the world

the carrier can track devices using triangular fixation using the IMEI number and will do so when provided with a warranty by the police this is seldom using for other situations then missing persons. it does not work with wifi only devices of cause as they have no IMEI and does not connect to carriers

the only localisation they support is passing on the location given by them by the router they are connected to this is how www.cloud.com ''s find my iphone functionality works

Any tips for finding an iPad lost in the post - believed stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.