Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 pc stopped importing photos

iPhone 5s/iPad2 stopped photo export to Windows 7 PC. Both devices previously would previously transfer & delete photos automatically through the import photos dialog box. Both iPhone 5s & iPad 2 running iOS 8.1.3 PC has all recommended updates.

Running Norton 360 on PC, but always have, & it was running in the past when they would still connect.

iTunes is current. v12.1.1.4 It connects to both devices & they sync normally.

My Computer doesn't see either phone or pad as a device. I've tried reinstalling the apple drivers, but, no joy.

Available memory on my phone now at critical levels, & no way to transfer out my photos.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 5:26 AM

12 replies

Feb 22, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Rudegar

Good thought. Bonjour didn't occur to me.

I uninstalled iTunes and Bonjour & Mobile Device Support, as well. Restarted Windows. Verified the files were gone. Downloaded & reinstalled iTunes, which added Bonjour & MDS, as well, as expected.

The "import photos" wizard still will not start. The phone still doesn't show as a device in my computer. iTunes appears to function correctly, & recognizes the phone.

Feb 25, 2015 11:13 AM in response to AmishCake

AmishCake,

AutoPlay settings haven't changed. Both phone & pad are set to import photos & videos using Windows.

iTunes works fine & recognizes both,, but, Windows doesn't seem to see either one, other than the sound produced when plugging in the USB connection.

It's very frustrating because both devices have been able to upload pix & vid's in the past to this same laptop.

Feb 27, 2015 8:28 AM in response to AmishCake

I Fixed it!!

I uninstalled ALL Apple programs. Rebooted. Connected iPhone via USB as usual. It auto-installed new drivers. It opened the auto play dialog box, & I set it to import pix using Windows. The import dialog box opened as in the past, & it imported all the new pix on my camera roll, & then erased them from my phone as selected!

whoo-hoo!!

now we'll see what happens after reinstalling iTunes.........

thanks to to both of you for your input.

Windows 7 pc stopped importing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.