Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a quick way of cutting and pasting a phto from the internet without first saving to I photo and inserting via media button?

Is there a quick and easy way to copy and paste a phto off the internet into Pages without first saving in I photo and inserting via media button.

on Ms publisher it was much easier

iMac

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 5:27 AM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2015 7:19 AM in response to philipfromhoniton

If you right-click (two-finger tap) on an actual image (not flash image) from a web site, and near the bottom of the contextual menu, there is a copy image menu item, then do so, and then paste into your document. The image will only be 72 dpi.

Just because you can do this, does not give you image ownership or usage rights. The website log will show the IP address of where the image was copied too.

Feb 21, 2015 11:22 AM in response to philipfromhoniton

It works just the same on the Mac, but images can be encoded in many different ways in the browser, sometimes, not being copyable, or copying along with extra formatting and text.

Click on the image and go Open Image in New Window then try to copy that, often it has less or no formatting.

You can also try dragging the image to the desktop first then dragging it into Pages.

I do not want to contradict Viking, but the image will be whatever resolution it was in the browser.

Peter

Feb 22, 2015 6:27 AM in response to LINDA CATE

Grab is an extra, unnecessary step. It is there to appease Windows users. 😉

OS X provides several keyboard shortcuts that allow you to capture a window or a selected image, and either write it to the Desktop, or send it directly to the clipboard, from where the image can be pasted.

See System Preferences ▸ Keyboard ▸ Shortcuts ▸ Screen Shots. Hold your mouse pointer over the truncated description, and a yellow, popup box will provide the entire description.

Is there a quick way of cutting and pasting a phto from the internet without first saving to I photo and inserting via media button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.