Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create a presentation in iPhoto that will combine still slides and video?

I have just returned from a safari and have a lot of pictures and videos from the trip. I would like to create a presentation/slide show that will show the slides and also videos in the same slide show and allow me to manually pace the show. I know how to do this in PowerPoint but would rather use a more natice mac ap and thought it might be possible in iMovie or iPhoto but am not sure exactly what the best way to do this would be.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 3:24 AM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2015 5:01 AM in response to eawiberg

and allow me to manually pace the show. I know how to do this in PowerPoint but would rather use a more natice mac ap and thought it might be possible in iMovie or iPhoto but am not sure exactly what the best way to do this would be.

If you want a native Mac application for your slideshow you could also try Keynote, the Apple alternative to Powerpoint. It will give you similar presentation options.

Aperture - if you have it - would allow to trim the videos, allow more fine control over how the audio of the clips will be mixed, and still allow to manually pace the slideshow, but it is expensive and will no longer be developed. But if you have compatible versions of Aperture and iPhoto, simple open your iPhoto Library in Aperture: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

Can I create a presentation in iPhoto that will combine still slides and video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.