Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to enable switch control on my iPad air but it is in disable state it's not allowing me to enable could you please provide me the solution

I Want to setup switch control on my iPad i am trying the same but it is disabled please help me out how do I enable switch control.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 9:11 AM

srijang wrote:

I Want to setup switch control on my iPad i am trying the same but it is disabled please help me out how do I enable switch control.

H if you have switched on assistive then you won't be to use switch control it will be greyed out. You will first need to off assistive then on switch control. You can't use both functionality at the same time. Hope it helps.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2015 9:11 AM in response to srijang

srijang wrote:

H if you have switched on assistive then you won't be to use switch control it will be greyed out. You will first need to off assistive then on switch control. You can't use both functionality at the same time. Hope it helps.

Feb 21, 2015 8:37 AM in response to srijang

I Know how to navigate to turn it on, but I'm not very familiar with how it works. That really doesn't matter at this point. I am trying to determine why it would be disabled.

Was your iPad brand new when you bought it? Or did you purchase a used device? Is your iPad a work device and do you have a profile of some type on it that would be preventing you from using the feature?

Feb 21, 2015 9:52 AM in response to srijang

Try to narrow this down further, do you use restrictions at all? I don't think that there is anything in the restrictions setting that would disable Switch Control, but I don't use restrictions. From my limited experince with the restrictions settings, the only thing that I can think of that might be making the setting greyed out would be Settings>General>Restrictions>Allow Changes>Accounts. But I really don't think that has anything to do with this.

SInce this is a brand new iPad, try basics. Reset the iPad first. If that doesn't work, reset all settings, you will not lose any data in eituer case, but if you reset all settings, you will have to re-enter all device settings again. Resetting all settings will also restart the iPad so don't be alarmed when that happens.

First, try resetting the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If that didn't work, try this. Reset all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings.

I am trying to enable switch control on my iPad air but it is in disable state it's not allowing me to enable could you please provide me the solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.