Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm not connected to the internet even though it says I'm connected

I can't connect to the Internet even though Systems profiler says I am connect and I see all bars. All other computers in the house working fine on Internet. Just installed Snow Leopard on my ~2009 iMac last night. Internet has not worked since.

iMac, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 6:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2015 11:28 AM in response to tonifrombaltimore

Hey there Toni,

It sounds like you were able to connect to your Wi-Fi network, but you cannot connect to the internet. I would start with step 5 of this article, named:

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

If the issue persists, I would use the "Symptom: My Mac does not connect to the Internet" section of the article for additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Feb 22, 2015 2:31 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks, I did figure it out. When Snow Leopard installed (my son did it, so I don't know if there were any prompts), somehow the server number got changed. By comparing each number in my configurations with another computer in the house, I detected the difference, changed the server number, and it worked.

Sorry I should have posted that I solved the problem (thanks to another post I saw on this forum), but not sure how....

I'm not connected to the internet even though it says I'm connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.