Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't receive email to my iCloud alias

Hello,

I have an iCloud alias and when I go into my iCloud account, the alias is there, but I can't receive email to that alias and when I send to that address, I receive an error message. Also have received the message that the account isn't recognised.

macBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 10:14 AM

5 replies

Feb 21, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hello.

Thanks for the message. The messages I were receiving said unrecognised email and server couldn't find the address. But then suddenly it started receiving messages to the alias, but not sending. I did try the link you suggested. I finally ended by deleting the iCloud account and adding it back. Now I seem to be able to send and receive, but only to and from the @icloud.com The me.com alias doesn't send or receive mail, and I think it should as my main address works for both me.com and iCloud.com

Any ideas on this?

Anyway, the solution seemed to be to delete and re-add the iCloud account to Mail. It doesn't allow me to edit the alias now and it did before in settings. It now says just custom for the alias.

Terri

I can't receive email to my iCloud alias

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.