Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a DVD from seperate video and audio channels?

I just downloaded Compressor 4. I'm a new user. I'm using my new 6 core Mac Pro desktop. Problem: When I add my .mov file into Compressor, it seperates the video and audio channel into an Dolby ac3 (audio) and a MPEC-2 m2v (video). I select Create DVD, Start Batch and it processes. However, the DVD burns complete with video but without audio? I've read Help, etc. No Luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Blocked Credit Card

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 10:50 AM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2015 11:10 AM in response to vitima

The two files, "elementary audio and video Streams", are intended to be used in an authoring application such as DVD Studio Pro or Adobe Encore.

To encode and burn a basic DVD, happy the entire Create DVD setting to your movie file in the Batch pane. There should be two parts to the setting: Dolby Digital and MPEG-2. You should also see a Create DVD gear icon in the upper right of the pane.

Click the Submit button, and if there is a disk in your optical drive, you shouldn't have to do anything else,

If you want a more elaborate menu and/or multiple tracks on the DVD, you will need to get a separate authoring app.

Russ

Feb 22, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Russ H

Russ, thanks for the reply. It does confirm I followed the steps you mentioned. I still get two separate files as mentioned whenever I 'Batch' (Process). My ‘Completed’ batch properties are Jobs: 1 and Outputs: 2. If I send my work to the desktop, It still creates the “elementary a&v streams” and a ‘PAR’ (parse) file. The compressor interface seems quite simple compared to FCPX, etc. I don't understand why I can't find that 'one' option to check, etc? Lol. According to my System Profile, I can use the following disks—DVD-Write:-R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW. Gary

Feb 22, 2015 6:07 AM in response to vitima

vitima wrote:

My ‘Completed’ batch properties are Jobs: 1 and Outputs: 2. If I send my work to the desktop, It still creates the “elementary a&v streams” and a ‘PAR’ (parse) file.

Hey Gary,

I'm uncertain what you're describing here in the Completed view.

Probably best to post a screen shot of the Batch window (Current View) active. So we can see the batch/job settings.

Russ

Feb 23, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Russ H

Hello Russ,

I was able to burn batch a .mov to the desktop using the MPEG-2 setting (not DVD). The result was a .m4v file to the desktop. I then burned the desktop .m4v file to a blank DVD. The audio and video worked. Encouraging. Here is the screenshot. However....

User uploaded file

...... as usual, using the DVD setting loads separate audio and video files and creates a DVD with separate audio (.ac3) and video (.m2v) as before. So it seems that the 'only' way to burn a DVD is the first example (without the DVD gear icon). But many thanks for your comments that got me this far. Appreciated greatly. Take care.

User uploaded file

How do I create a DVD from seperate video and audio channels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.