Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Window Will Not Remember Window Size Set

Every time I open my Finder the window is really small. Does anybody have a solution to this problem.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 11:48 AM

Once you change the window's size try moving the window away from its current location then move it back. I have found this to be a minor bug in the Finder that it does not save a dimension change until you move the window. It does save the positional change that in turn changes the size information.

Be sure you open the Finder window by double-clicking on the Desktop disk icon, not the icon in the Dock.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2015 11:48 AM in response to mperez62

Once you change the window's size try moving the window away from its current location then move it back. I have found this to be a minor bug in the Finder that it does not save a dimension change until you move the window. It does save the positional change that in turn changes the size information.

Be sure you open the Finder window by double-clicking on the Desktop disk icon, not the icon in the Dock.

Finder Window Will Not Remember Window Size Set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.