Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when you connect ipod nano to itunes is there a way to stop it deleteing the albums on it if they are not on my laptop anymore

when you connect ipod nano to itunes is there a way to stop it deleteing the albums on it if they are not on my laptop anymore

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 12:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2015 12:04 PM in response to Community User

Yes, do not set it to automatic sync, and if these albums are purchases in iTunes, then you need to transfer them to your iTunes library. If you attempt to sync the device the music sync is one way, only from the library to the device. If this is music you did not purchase, but is on the iPod, you will need to get some 3rd party software to extract it from the iPod to put in the library. Touchcopy from Wide Angle Software is one choice. I have used it before and it does a lot more than music, and it works on both the Windows and Mac platforms.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.