Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving email notifications for content I'm following

Hello,

A couple of days ago, I wrote a question about email notifications and now I understand them. I've been replying to a lot of questions but have recently noticed that I'm not receiving notifications when someone replies to my posts. When I ask questions I get notifications when somebody has written a reply but don't get notifications when somebody replies to my answer. I have email notifications turned on.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 2:14 PM

11 replies

Jan 22, 2017 12:23 PM in response to carvermon

You have tacked onto a VERY OLD thread = not recommended

Start your own New Discussion

Top right of any ASC page = POST > Discussion

We need much more information to give you specific help. Tell us step-by-step, in detail what your actions are.

Tell us a Story

- with a beginning, a middle and end. We need to understand everything that you know and have experienced.

If this issue is new, tell us what immediately preceded its onset - add software, upgrade or update? New equipment?

Quoted from  Apple's "How to write a good question"

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product (device) name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "OS X 10.4.11" or "Safari 4.1.3".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.

Feb 21, 2015 3:13 PM in response to Alec660

Niel replies as if it is happening to him too - as it is to me - 16 days is on the money. I have an active AppleCare trouble ticket passed to the Community Hosts who have given it their own ticket number - I have reported all that I learn or observe to them.

The workaround in the meantime is this WorkFlow:

1. Click Reply
  2. scroll to the top of the thread - you will notice that the check mark is "Follow" - it used to be Following after the progress bar finished 'posting' the reply
  3. Click the check mark or the word Follow
  4. Click Following
  5. Click Follow - this should leave the state of the tool as "Following"

You are now TRULY Following the thread and will receive email notices as before.

This only happens to some AppleIDs, so apparently the Hosts/Technicians are having a hard time finding the "insect-like" anomaly

ÇÇÇ

Feb 21, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Alec660

If you do "understand this", you simply enlighten us all and especially the Host/Tech crew who have been handling this - let's see how did they put it?

This issue is a top priority for the team here. We’re working to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA availble for you.

Thank you for your patience.

I really know what you mean, though - you can read between the lines of Niel & my postings 👿

Hang in and maybe one day ... soon?

ÇÇÇ

Not receiving email notifications for content I'm following

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.