Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro 13 refuses to turn on after i place it in sleep mode by closing the lid.

My Macbook Pro 13 refuses to turn on after i place it in sleep mode by closing the lid, after opening the lid the led sleep indicator is still on and the screen hasn't revived but once i press any button to revive it, it goes off and refuses to turn on. Is there a way to fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 1:13 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Carlens J

Hello Carlens J,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your MacBook Pro does not wake from sleep, and shuts down when you try to wake it.

Try these troubleshooting steps to remedy the situation, or if your Mac is currently not powering on:

OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake - Apple Support

Reset SMC

The System Management Controller (SMC) is involved in managing power on your computer. Reset the SMC on your Mac if you are having difficulty sleeping or waking your computer.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Nonvolatile RAM (NVRAM)/Parameter RAM (PRAM) stores some power-related settings.Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM if you are having difficulty sleeping or waking your computer.

Test with external devices disconnected

Some external devices can prevent your computer from sleeping. Try disconnecting items other than your Apple keyboard or mouse from the built-in USB, Thunderbolt and Firewire ports on your Mac. If this resolves the issue, try reconnecting your external devices one at a time until you find the device preventing sleep or wake. Check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer for more information.

Try Safe Mode

Check to see if the issue still occurs when the computer is started in Safe Mode. If this resolves the issue, it could be related to a third party software item such as:

Best Regards,

Jeremy

My Macbook Pro 13 refuses to turn on after i place it in sleep mode by closing the lid.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.