Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone know how to open power pc apps in Maveriks

I cannot open world book anymore since I upgraded to Mavericks. I keep on getting a pop-up message saying power pc apps no longer supported. Does anyone please please know how to fix this?

iMac (20-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 3:26 PM

14 replies

Feb 21, 2015 3:30 PM in response to lbh225

There is no way since the Rosetta emulator does not work in Lion or later. You would have to upgrade any old PPC applications to compatible versions or replace them with usable substitutes.

As an alternative you could set aside a small partition on your hard drive then install Snow Leopard along with Rosetta so you could boot into Snow Leopard in order to run your older applications.

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

Feb 27, 2015 9:41 AM in response to lbh225

lbh225 wrote:

Thank you for answering but there are few elements that will work with each other between snow leopard and mavricks. As it is I had to reinstall Snow leopard not too long ago in order to get rid of yosemite

That is correct: if your Mac is old enough to support the installation and running of Snow Leopard, reinstalling Snow Leopard with the Rosetta option, will also solve the problem!

does anyone know how to open power pc apps in Maveriks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.