Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since Yosemite install restarts frequently in Safari and Chrome.have MBpro09,added memoryto4,got faster but then restart problem.Tried clean my Mac,disk repair,installed 10.02'happens less but still occurs.

YYosemite installed now macbook pro09 restarts often in Safari and Chrome.Installed 4ram,slowness improved,restart problem came,Used disk repair,clean my Mac,latest Adobe flash,no help.Still happens after 10.10.02,maybe less often.Can Yosemite be saved or should I give up and go back to Maverick?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 1:24 PM

8 replies

Feb 23, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Meg Henschel

Since most of the sites where you can download CleanMyMac2 and that type of programs load their downloads with adware in addition to what you asked for it sound like your Mac is probably loaded with adware now. Follow the steps below to get rid of that.

Click here and follow the instructions, or if there’s a type of adware not covered by them on the computer, these ones. If you're willing to use a tool to remove it(you don't need to, but may find it easier), you can instead run Adware Medic; this link is a direct download.

Mar 2, 2015 7:51 PM in response to Meg Henschel

You should, I think, take a deep breath and review what you have done. You have used software that, anecdotally at least, screws a system. However, what is done is behind you. IMHO Yosemite itself has nothing to do with your problems.

Retreating is easy if you made a good backup.

I would reinstall OS X 10.10 from the recovery disk. That, at least, would restore the operating system.

Barry

Oct 18, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Meg Henschel

Folks on here don't listen. I have the same issue in 10.6.8 snow leopard, mac book pro 4 1 circa 2008. Updated to el capitan, same issue. Before any clean up software, obviously, because you don't seek software until you have a problem. Stop calling issue to your assumptions, it's dismissive and hinders progress towards a solution.

I've scoured these forums and others. Tried everything. The only constant is chrome, gpu, cpu, and battery/magsafe usage. It's a problem through all generation of mac still in working order running osx. It appears it may have prematurely, or falsely if we find the fix, trashed thousands of machines and created an increase in genius bar visits.

I ran disk warrior. Single user mode. Disk utility. Emptied cashes, removed problematic system files, updates and removal of apps.

It began with chrome, but now effects browsing in general. I've tested safari. Removed plugins.

Nada

Not your standard kernel panic. No log, just power cut to restart. As a DJ, not OK!

Now, new thoughts?

Since Yosemite install restarts frequently in Safari and Chrome.have MBpro09,added memoryto4,got faster but then restart problem.Tried clean my Mac,disk repair,installed 10.02'happens less but still occurs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.