Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod battery is completely dead

My iPod 5th gen's battery has been on a downhill spiral for the past few months. For the last 3 weeks or so, I couldn't unplug it from the charger, because it would die instantly. Now, I won't turn on. It just shows the apple logo for a few seconds, and then the screen goes black. It's been this way for 5 days. Previously it would only happen for a couple hours randomly. I am looking to upgrade to an iPhone now, since my iPod was getting old anyway, but I have no way of turning on iCloud or syncing my iPod with iTunes. I'd like to retrieve the photos.

Also, my home button doesn't work, so I can't do the "hold down power and home button at the same time" trick.

Please help

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 2:39 PM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Mastandinger

Do you have either an iCloud or iTunes backup you can restore the new device from?

If yes then do that.

Otherwise:

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store or go to a data recovery company to see if they can get data off the dead iPod

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod battery is completely dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.