Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view photos from iPhone on Mac???

I have an iPhone 6 and I would like to get all my pictures on my Mac. Do I have to do this through iCloud or is there another way to get my pictures onto my Mac Pro laptop??? I do have an iCloud account but just as soon not put all my photos in iPhone if I don't have to, but not sure if this is required. When I sign into iCloud I don't see anywhere to see my iPhone 6 photos??? Can anyone give me instructions on how to get my pictures from my iPhone 6 to my Mac laptop to save them there? Any and all help appreciated as I am not really techy so need easy to follow directions. Thanks so much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 3:58 PM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2015 6:54 PM in response to Gary Schnetter

OK Seth, I figured that out - just had to remove the plug in and use that cord. Now I have the pictures in iPhoto, but is there a way to get them on my hard drive "without" iPhoto? I have all my pictures saved on my hard drive and would like to add them to that folder. Don't use iPhoto much as it is so hard to understand and have no idea how their storage works and find it difficult to use. If possible would just like to take pictures onto my hard drive and then if I want to do a slideshow or something I can move them into iPhoto. Thanks again.

Feb 21, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Gary Schnetter

Hi Gary,

To access photos on your Mac, you need to plug your iPhone into your Mac with the USB cable. Next, the iPhoto app should automatically open. If it doesn't, go into Launchpad or the Applications folder on your Mac and open iPhoto there. Once iPhoto is open, you should see your iPhone under the 'Devices' tab on the sidebar. Just click on the 'Import Photos' button and it will import the photos you have taken on your iPhone to a folder in iPhoto.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Seth

Feb 21, 2015 5:12 PM in response to setha13

Thanks so much Seth. I have iPhoto 09 8.1.2 - will that work as it is an older version? Also, do I have to purchase a special USB cable? The only options I see to plug into on the phone is where I plug in to charge it, or a small hole left of that or 6 holes to the right...and I have no cords with a USB connection on one end that fit any of those...should this have come with my iPhone? Thanks for your assistance.

How to view photos from iPhone on Mac???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.