Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of constant iCloud login pop ups

How do a I get rid of constant icloud login/sign in pop ups on my iPad 2? I've been hitting cancel but within a few seconds it pops up again. I do not want to log into iCloud.

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:51 AM

Thank you for the update!

3 replies

Feb 23, 2015 7:11 AM in response to Aloha2013

Hello Aloha2013,

It sounds like you are being prompted to sign into iCloud over and over. This is becuase your iCLoud account is signed into one of 3 places in your Settings.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out (Delete Account in iOS 7 and earlier).

Note: If you sign out of iCloud (or delete your iCloud account), iCloud no longer backs up your iOS data. You can still back up your device in iTunes. For more information, open iTunes, then choose iTunes > Help.

Also but less likely based on your symptoms, it could be iMessage or Facetime:

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap Settings > Messages.
  2. Tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  4. Tap Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
  5. Enter your Apple ID and password, then tap Sign In.

FaceTime

1. Tap Settings > FaceTime.
  2. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password, then tap Sign In.

Feb 24, 2015 5:47 PM in response to sterling r

Sterling R, thank you very much for your reply. Your answers were on target and helped me get rid of the annoying pop ups for both icloud and iMessage. I couldn't do anything on my iPad as a result of those pop ups. Now, after following your instructions, I'm up and running again. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom !!! ☺️

How do I get rid of constant iCloud login pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.