Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is making my mac slow down? I put some music on and now it's slow.

Mac os 10.5.8

I recently aquired this used mac computer. After installing several music cd's i noticed the computer speed slowing down. Could this be the cause? Or could it be something else? Should I uninstall the music? I know very little about the mac computer.

iMac, IOS X 10.8.5

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 8:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2015 1:32 PM in response to seezwaves

Getting the sequence of the operating system naming is important. Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac. That will tell you your Mac OS X version. iOS is for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. Knowing if you have an Intel or PowerPC is important as that will tell you what your machine has the capability of running.

Double clicking Macintosh HD, and View menu -> Show Status bar will show you how much space you have left, and how much is available. That will tell you if you have overfilled your Mac with data. There are many reasons for speed slowdown, which my subscription only FAQ explain*:

http://www.macmaps.com/Macosxspeed.html

* Links to my pages may give me compensation.

What is making my mac slow down? I put some music on and now it's slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.