Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play song with cloud icon

I have a bunch of songs in my iTunes library that have a cloud with a down arrow next to them. I have seen on this discussion board that these songs are in the cloud and just need to be downloaded to the device (in this case, my Macbook), but when I click on the song/icon, nothing happens. The song won't even play. How do I fix this?

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 9:01 PM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2015 9:55 PM in response to gail from maine

I do have a wi-fi connection... I'm really confused because I don't know why only some of my songs are having this issue - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which songs are "stuck in the cloud"... some were itunes downloads, some were imported from cds, some were downloads from other music services, and some are duplicates of songs that are already in my library.

Feb 22, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Jamie Burkes

The only way that music that was not directly purchased from iTunes would be in the cloud is via iTunes Match. If you do not have Match, then the only music that would have a cloud next to it would be the purchased music. You indicated:

Jamie Burkes wrote:

there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which songs are "stuck in the cloud"... some were itunes downloads, some were imported from cds, some were downloads from other music services

If you have music imported from CDs or downloads from other music services showing a cloud next to them, you have iTunes Match....

https://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Cheers,

GB

Cannot play song with cloud icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.