Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change the defaulted gmail to a different e-mail to get notifications?

My Gmail notifications is defaulted to my Gmail apple id how can I change the gmail for notifications to a different gmail

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 8:07 PM

I'm not really clear what your asking. Do you have more than one Gmail address? Do you have both of them set up on your iPhone? If so, you can chose which email accounts you get notifications for by going to Settings>Notifications>Mail then tapping on each account and choosing what type of notifications you want for that account.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2015 8:07 PM in response to yossik123

I'm not really clear what your asking. Do you have more than one Gmail address? Do you have both of them set up on your iPhone? If so, you can chose which email accounts you get notifications for by going to Settings>Notifications>Mail then tapping on each account and choosing what type of notifications you want for that account.

Feb 22, 2015 9:23 AM in response to yossik123

yossik123 wrote:

Thanks,

is it possible to change my apple id to my recovery e-mail? when I try to changemyapple id email it says I can't use that email for my apple Id being its the recovery email i don't see a prompt to change my recovery email

thanks

You change your rescue email address at id.apple.com. You log in with your Apple ID & password, go to Password & Security, enter your security question answers, and then you can edit or delete your rescue email address.

Feb 22, 2015 9:39 AM in response to yossik123

If you are trying to make your primary address your recovery address and your recovery address your primary, you may have a problem as you'll keep getting the message that the address is already in use. My solution to the problem was to make my recovery address a third email address, change the primary to address that I had been using as a recovery address, then change the recovery address to what used to be the primary

Feb 22, 2015 9:51 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Or just delete the rescue email address, then change the primary, then re-add a rescue email address.

I.E., starting point:

PRIMARY: EMAIL ADDRESS #1

RESCUE: EMAIL ADDRESS #2

Delete the Rescue Email Address

PRIMARY: EMAIL ADDRESS #1

RESCUE: NONE

Change the Primary Email Address

PRIMARY: EMAIL ADDRESS #2

RESCUE: NONE

Add the Rescue Email Address

PRIMARY: EMAIL ADDRESS #2

RESCUE: EMAIL ADDRESS #1

And make sure to verify them as well.

how do I change the defaulted gmail to a different e-mail to get notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.