Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac isn't working

guys, I need help.. I cleaned my Mac, but the bad thing is I didn't backup any information on the time machine.. And now the OS X isn't working. When I eveter my Apple ID, it says try again later. Nothing works. Help!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 9:40 PM

10 replies

Feb 22, 2015 5:15 AM in response to MickeyyEsp

Mavericks 10.9 is no longer available. Since it was not the original OS on your mac you can no longer get it. If your computer shipped with install discs you must install the original OS and follow the upgrade path to Yosemite. Alternately once you've upgraded to 10.6.8 and can access the Mac App Store you can purchase Lion or Mountain Lion for $20. If your computer didn't ship with install discs then you should be able to reinstall the original OS through Internet Recovery OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

If you reply that you've lost your original install discs you'll need to buy either a set of originals or a Snow Leopard retail disc http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Mar 12, 2015 9:35 AM in response to MickeyyEsp

When you get to the recovery partition by Command R or Option R. Click on the disk utilities option. I believe then you will have a choice between disk utilities and terminal, and you want dik utiliti In this screen you will see on the left your drive. The main drive and an indented volume. Click on the indented volume and then on the right use disk first aid. Down at the bottom right it will say repair or verify. You want repair. When that runs and if you get disk is ok or disk is repaired then run also repair permissions. If you have to run repair until it repairs the disk or tells you it cannot. If it cannot quit disk utilities and go back and click on reinstall OSX. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

My mac isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.