Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Retina Screen needs replacing

I recently dropped and damaged the screen of my iPad Mini Retina and it does need replacing. The iPad is out of warranty.

Can anyone tell me how much Apple will cost to replace the Mini Retina Screen (I live in the UK) Perhaps I'm not reaching the right websites but I've come across poster saying that it can cost £200 plus to have Apple fix a screen, is this correct? Third Party firms appear to be doing the same job for much less, but I do appreciate that by going that route Apple will wash their hands of any future faults.

On their support website Apple have this to say. 'What does it cost? Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPad model and your AppleCare product coverage. Accidental damage isn’t covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty. '

I live in a small town quite a bit away from an official Apple outlet can anyone advise me if Apple licence thrid parties to do repairs, there is a wel established iPhone shop in my town and they do repairs but would these be 'official' repairs?

I'm sure some members have had cracked screens over the years, what did you do? Let Apple do the fix or go independant?

As always many thanks for your advice

Kevin

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, Bought for me as gift

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 2:59 AM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2015 4:23 PM in response to kah22

This is the US page about Apple's repair policy for iPad screens: https://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/screen-damage/

If you choose to have anyone other than Apple work on the iPad, any and all support for the iPad by Apple won't be available to you anymore.

For what it's worth, I had an independent company (really just one guy running a shop) repair my iPad's cracked screen. The screen was damaged a few months after I'd purchased the iPad, and I paid around $100 for the work.

It's just about 3 years old now and the only issue I had was that the front camera didn't work after the screen was replaced. I brought the iPad back and he double-checked his work and got the camera functioning again. I haven't had any other issues.

If you're willing to take the risk of it being damaged and are OK with paying for a replacement device outright if something goes wrong after the repair, you may as well go with the third-party.

If you'd like the extra insurance (if you will) of Apple's support being available to you, then pay the ~$200 for them to do the work.

~Lyssa

iPad Mini Retina Screen needs replacing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.