Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy music from Mac to Windows PC using Home Sharing on iTunes 12

Hi all,

I use both a Macbook Pro and a Windows PC. I am trying to copy music from my Macbook Pro onto my PC within iTunes 12 using HomeSharing but seem to be unable to do this.

When I connect to the Mac library on the PC, I can play the tracks without any issue. But when I try to drag the song to the side to copy to the PC , nothing happens. I don't get the window that should pop up on the left of the screen and there is no option for Import at the bottom of the screen either.

I am however able to copy music from the PC to the Mac without an issue. The window pops up on the left when I drag the track within my Mac, and the Import button shows up on the bottom of the screen. It is only when I want to copy from the Mac to the PC.

I have checked the Sharing tab in preferences, and on both systems it is enabled. I tried disabling and then re-enabling.

I am also unable to using the download Purchased items in iTunes, as my Mac and PC are connected to different iTunes accounts. Both machines are authorised to play both accounts though.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 5:11 AM

1 reply

Unable to copy music from Mac to Windows PC using Home Sharing on iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.