Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a playlist with the songs only in the iPod Shuffle(gen2)?

Hi everyone.

I have a 2nd Generation of the iPod Shuffle. For the long time I've been using it, I'm disappointed to have dropped it yesterday. It was like, I don't know, 3 feet? Maybe 3 and a half. Today, found out that whenever I plug it in to my computer (Win 8.1), it refuses to keep blinking. Whenever it is plugged, it blinks orange a few times. iTunes recognized it. Then in just a blink of an eye, it just stops and no light indicates. But mysteriously I can still see it in iTunes. My Music Player has been with me for 5 years. Please help.

I think there is a solution, but there is an obstacle on the way. I've wanted to Restore my iPod. But then I want to back up the songs first in a playlist in my iTunes. If you don't know how to solve the first question. You still just might help me with this one. I believe this is the solution.

Thank you for all your concerns.

😀

Windows 8

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 4:50 AM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2015 5:43 AM in response to luuklp

Well, I was waiting for your reply when I discovered something. But first, I'd have to answer your question. And yes, my iPod works perfectly fine and all.

The only problem I found is that every time I connect it to the PC, notification from the system tells me that it was connected. The indicator light flashes orange (which we all know means charging). But a moment later it stops with nothing to see in the led. I discovered this though. I can make it flash (or charge) again by selecting any song in the iPod through iTunes and open the Get Info box. While this is open, iPod keeps orange keeps flashing on iPod like normal. When I close the Get Info box, it's still there but in just a few seconds. It's gone.

I only updated the iPod last week and my iTunes yesterday. I don't think there's damage internally though. Because I tried listening to it. Thanks though.

How to make a playlist with the songs only in the iPod Shuffle(gen2)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.