Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and Yosemite

Hello everyone,

I own an iMac computer with the following specs:

Yosemite 10.10.2 (14C109)

iMac (27 pollici, fine 2013)

3,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Seems my system has some kind of compatibility issues between my video card and the OS. The system is not responsive as I could expect, for example: using Photoshop CC 2014 and zooming on the DNG pic, the movements are not fluid at all. I see the same kind of problems in Finder when i resize a Safari window (or any other kind of windows). I see black lines during resize as those u see when the driver of a video card is not installed.

I had not this kind of issues on previous OS, so i guess the problem is between Yosemite and Nvidia card.

Anyone has any kind of problem like the one i've just described? How did you fix it? I'm thinking seriously to downgrade to the previous OS, but I'd love not to do it.

Thank you for anyone who will be able to help me.

Best regards

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 4:14 AM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2015 5:39 AM in response to valeriosard

many people don't have a clear understanding how it is a video card really provide them with

your video card only really give you an edge over an intel onboard iris thingy when it comes to 3d features

there have not really been done any development in 2d stuff like photoshop and video edit in eons that is all about IO speed as in hd , amount of system memory and cpu

Feb 22, 2015 6:17 AM in response to valeriosard

I read on some forums that it can help to fix it:

• Delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist
  • Delete ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver*.plist
  • Shutdown OSX
  • Startup, immediately press and hold the P and R keys while holding down the option (⌥) and command (⌘) keys before the gray boot screen appears, which resets the PRAM

But before to try i'd love to know if i can make problem even worse. Any suggestion?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB and Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.