Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit a movie in less than 10 sec blocks?????

The title says it all. No instructions. No help. No, nothing.

I've found a way to edit a movie but I can't even do it by 1 sec!! WHAT A JOKE. Even my relatively cheap camera can do this simple task by the second, (unfortunately, the video I want to edit is from a different camera and in a different format).

HHEEELLLLPPPPP please because Apple Mac certainly doesn't want to.

I'm using iMovie 11 V9.4.0 and iOS 10.6.8. Also, am having to use a crap program called Toast to fix this problem.

What a F joke. I was lead to believe Apple was better than this.

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 5:38 AM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2015 6:40 AM in response to Brett L

Sorry Brett L but I can't see the video at all. All I get is

We're sorry.

We can't find the article you're looking for.

Please return to the Apple Support homepage.

Why is it that nothing works today? Help doesn't work. iMovie 11 forum had no answer. No Nothing, as they say.

You don't want to know what I think about this.

Can you please explain what I have to do to get around this crap?

Thanking you in anticipation.

PS As an ex programmer, none of this would've been tolerated in my day - I think it's sheer laziness/greed today. Oh, it's intuitive, just press twenty buttons and you will get there. What a joke.

Mar 6, 2015 5:34 AM in response to OldGnome

Hello OldGnome. By your title, you appear to be an older person like me.

I'm sorry if I'm going to offend you, but, how do you get to see what you've show me in Help and how the F do I get to see the picture of the frames that were shown? I'm sick and tired of the lazy arse holes who cannot be bothered to explain things properly.

I couldn't find anything that told me how to "Trim, split, and move clips" when I did my many searches. Now that you've provided me with a link, it doesn't tell me how to produce the clips as per item 2. What kind of dumb idiot wrote this??? I have only the one picture and about 10 sec clipping. How the F do I get to edit even to the second?

Can you please do something that Apple obviously can't do? Tell me how to get to the point where I can edit a movie to the frame.

If you can answer that, it will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Mar 6, 2015 6:27 AM in response to macpomaus

macpomaus -

I assumed you came here looking for help. I didn't assume that you were looking for others to perform tasks for you. Typically, that kind of activity is compensated in some real-world currency. Around here, we are just peers trying to help each other. It is generally not considered a sign of laziness to provide a searcher with the source materials. Providing a link ensures that when the source information is updated, the information contained in a post does not drift away from the source.

You seem to be lacking the most basic of interpersonal skills. Hiding four-letter words behind abbreviations is really unnecessary and does nothing to ease their foul nature. I would ask that you find a vocabulary that would suit the occasion. Thank you.

Re: "...how do you get to see what you've show me in Help"

I'm afraid I am at a loss to provide you with additional details without more information from you. Are you not able to see the page to which I provided a link?

Re: "...Trim, split and move clips"

From the page to which I provided a link:

Extend or shorten a clip in the timeline

In the timeline, skim to the beginning or end of the clip you want to extend or shorten.

Do one of the following:

To extend the clip: Drag the edge of the clip left or right, away from its center.

To extend a clip, there must be unused portions of the clip available.

To shorten the clip: Drag the edge of the clip left or right, toward its center.

Use the clip trimmer

You can use the clip trimmer to add more frames to a clip, or remove unwanted frames from a clip. Using the clip trimmer, you can see how much of your clip is being used, as well as how much is unused.

In the timeline, select the clip you want to trim.

Choose Window > Show Clip Trimmer.

The clip trimmer appears over the timeline.

If that doesn't point you in the right direction, try Linux.....or an Etch-A-Sketch (http://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Art-Classic-Sketch-Screen/dp/B00000J0HG/ref=sr_1_1?ie =UTF8&qid=1425652015&sr=8-1&keywords=etch-a-sketch).

Regards,

OG

Mar 6, 2015 7:40 PM in response to OldGnome

I'm sorry OldGnome but I'm very frustrated at the lack of detail provided today and I've been 'pulling my hair out' trying to do this on time and it came out in my reply to you late at night. It was in no way aimed at you. In fact, my reference to lazy was aimed at the Help writers, not you. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Also, we've just got new mobile phones and it's taken me hours to work out haw to set it up to what we want. Again, badly written instructions. The problem is that those who write Help know so much about it and don't consider people like me who know just a little; so they leave out the detail.

Whilst I've had iMove for a long time, I've never used it much.

Yes, I did get to see your link; none of my attempts with Help found anything like this. Thank you. I had tried all the points there and got nowhere. I couldn't even find out where the Timeline is and tried both the window where the video is Imported into, and the Project window, all to no avail. Hours were spent on this.

I did as you said "Choose Window > Show Clip Trimmer" and the Show Clip Trimmer only lit-up in the Project window; obviously my idea of Timeline (the time events occurred) is different.

Guess what? This SOLVED my problem. I noticed a change in a 'slider' and now know that was all I had to do in the first place. Why wasn't this put into Help? Something like 'Slide the slider to the left and to obtain smaller time per frame'. Simple.

You've given me the kind of detail that I was looking for and you've made my day. I can now 'put my hair back in' and go forward.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

How do I edit a movie in less than 10 sec blocks?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.