Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stops moving imported files to the right path

I upgraded to iTunes 12.1.1.4 on Windows 7 and just added some new movies to iTunes. All those movies are listed under home movies like before, but when changing the title or the media type the file itself doesn't get moved to the right directory. The file remains on the old location.

I restarted iTunes several times, but it just won't change the directory or filename.

Is anyone facing the same issues?

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 6:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 7:15 PM in response to HTP ProXy

This is a bug that was introduced in iTunes 12.0 and hasn't been fixed in either release of 12.1 😟 ... video files are not moved to their correct location after changing the media kind. The workaround to this is to go into Edit > Preferences > Advanced, uncheck the Keep iTunes Media folder organized option, click OK, then go back into the same editor, check the box you just unchecked, and click OK. Your media will then be moved to the correct location.

I'm sure that this has been reported many times already, but it may still be worth reporting the issue using Apple's feedback page.

iTunes stops moving imported files to the right path

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.