Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm not be able to do imac backup on the external hard disk: imac says "there isn't enough space on the hard disk". What can I do?!

I'm not be able to do imac backup on the external hard disk: imac says "there isn't enough space on the hard disk". What can I do?!

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 6:50 AM

7 replies

Feb 22, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Lissy81

time machine will over time use more and more space as it will backup the state where documentX was not on your computer

backup a state where documentX was half written on your computer and when documentX was finished.... and so fourth

so if you once in awhile run out of space, and then delete the ext hd and then make a full backup you can, but that line being drawn in the sand mean you can not revert to earlier states then that full backup after the delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.