Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing Loads After Battery Replacement

I had a Genius install a new battery in my MacBook Pro (2010) which is using original snow leopard software (not sure which version update). Was not having any problems with it other than that. This is the first time I have tried to use it since receiving it back (at the store I rebooted it and was able to successfully log into the computer but did not attempt to load anything). Now, I am plugged in, started up the macbook, and absolutely nothing will load. Battery is at 82% and climbing. I had to hard force a restart to get my docs to show in my Documents folder. I was going to go into System Preferences to see if i could shut down some startup programs, but even clicking on system prefs has resulted in the spinning color wheel. Any ideas other than the obvious "take it back to the Geniuses who messed it up initially"?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 6:43 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:33 PM in response to dominic23

Actually, I was able to isolate the problem down to my wi-fi/ethernet, because the computer did not lock up when wifi was turned off. After spending a day doing maintenance, security checks, and all other things various support communities offered, a last ditch Google search this evening yielded the results I needed. I'll link to the article here in case anyone else running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 runs into the same problem, which apparently was addressed with the next OS X release.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/144223/macbook-freezes-when-connected-c onnecting-to-new-wireless-router

Nothing Loads After Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.