Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Numbers for iOS 8 when I double tap a cell the Input Bar is nownot displayed as it used to be, so I get just the number keyboard and not the choice of letters and formula. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that hasn't helped.

In Numbers for iOS 8 when I double tap a cell the Input Bar is now not displayed as it used to be, so I get just the number keyboard and not the choice of letters and formula. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that hasn't helped.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 8:11 AM

20 replies

Feb 23, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

If I double tap in a blank cell or one with numbers, I get the numerical keyboard but no input bar or buttons for the other keyboards. If I double tap on a cell with text in it I get the alphabetic keyboard but no input bar or buttons for the other keyboards. If I double tap on a cell with a formula in it I get the formula/function keyboard but no input bar or buttons for the other keyboards. All my spreadsheets are shared through icloud with my wife's iPad and I'm sitting here getting it all to work perfectly on hers, but not on mine.

In Numbers for iOS 8 when I double tap a cell the Input Bar is nownot displayed as it used to be, so I get just the number keyboard and not the choice of letters and formula. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that hasn't helped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.