Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 on latest iOS, FaceTime freezes when switching camera

When using facetime oN iPad 2 which is on iOS 8.1.3, I swich to the away facing camera and the call freezes until I switch back to the self facing camera. i have found similar questions but no answers? Any help would be great, many thanks.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 10:03 AM

Hello benfromswords,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You mention that when you use FaceTime, your call freezes if you use the away facing camera. I'd recommend trying the following test with the Camera app on both front and rear facing cameras, to see if any unexpected behavior occurs there:

If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file (camera swap icon). If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If both cameras work normally in the Camera app, try restarting your iPad and testing another FaceTime call:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2015 10:03 AM in response to benfromswords

Hello benfromswords,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You mention that when you use FaceTime, your call freezes if you use the away facing camera. I'd recommend trying the following test with the Camera app on both front and rear facing cameras, to see if any unexpected behavior occurs there:

If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file (camera swap icon). If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If both cameras work normally in the Camera app, try restarting your iPad and testing another FaceTime call:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

iPad 2 on latest iOS, FaceTime freezes when switching camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.