Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Button Not working

• I have (unfortunately) iphone 4S 16GB IOS 8.1.2.
  • As i updated the Personal Hotspot was gone.
  • It was working good but then the WIFI toggle Got grayed out, got unavailable...
  • I have restored Network Setting, but no use.
  • I have tried All Reset that you have given there but it didn't work.

Can u call me?? *******

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 8:47 AM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2015 8:55 AM in response to Ingo2711

I was asked to heat my iphone using hair dryer.. because my wifi button was not working!

And i heated till there appeared a msg saying IPHONE NEEDS TO COOL DOWN, and then my wifi became enable 🙂

But during heating my iphone showed up Blue Screen i suddenly out into freezer for 30sec and then it became normal but now whenever i increase the brightness those lines begin to appear.. on low brightness these line are not visible to be seen.

Will update to 8.1.3 work?

This may be because of slow speed of IOS 8 on IPHONE 4S ??

Mar 26, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Doctor arif iqbal

Sorry, but it looks like your device getting replaced by Apple is the only option if you want a phone that is working without problems.

But, since your device is out of warranty, you'll have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty-Service fee:

Out-of-warranty repair service
If your repair isn’t covered by Apple’s One Year Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or AppleCare Protection Plan, your iPhone might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. For example, liquid damage isn’t covered by warranty but might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. Some damage isn’t eligible at all, for example if your device has been broken into multiple pieces. See Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Read Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions

Model Out-of-warranty service fee Battery service*
iPhone 6 Plus $329

$79
*available only if battery
fails Apple’s diagnostic test

iPhone 6 $299
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269
iPhone 4s $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G,
Original iPhone
$149

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from: Service Answer Center - iPhone

Wifi Button Not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.