Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod touch 5 Ios 8.1.2 will not turn on

This question has been asked before ut my case is different.

I have had my Ipod since June 2013 and it has been working Ok for the year and a half I have owned it.

About five days ago I clicked the home button and I got an odd click, and from then on I would need to press the home button very hard in order for it to work. the lock button still wortked fine, so I turned on assistive touch.

Latlely (the past two weeks) my Ipod has blanked out and I would have to restart it again by holding down the home button and the sleep button for ten seconds to turn it back on.

Today I set it down, it was working fine nothing out of the ordinary, I walk away and when I come back maybe 20 minutes later it won't turn on. I try to do a full restart (which is tough because of the home button being damaged) and it doesnt turn on. I plug it into the computer and it won't turn on, the computer doesn't even reconize it. I have tried to put it into rwcovery mode, but nothing is happeneing.

Please help!

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 10:44 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2015 11:25 AM in response to colms94

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My Ipod touch 5 Ios 8.1.2 will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.