Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External HDD won't mount

Hello,

I was working on my external hard disk drive called 'Reserve', when the elektricity on that hard drive went out. When I wanted to re-connect my external hard drive to my MacBook Pro it showed the following message:

User uploaded file

In other words, it didn't recognize the external hard disk drive 'Reserve'. When I clicked 'Initialize...' I got into Disk Utily where it showed the HDD, but without the partition 'Reserve':

User uploaded file

There are some important files on it that I don't want to lose.

I've already looked up some stuff online, but as I'm not a computer expert, I have no idea what there talking about. DiskXsX and stuff like that... No idea.

If anybody could help me...? Please explain in a clear way. For dummies.

Thank a lot in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 10:11 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Al-pro

Data Rescue 4 couldn't help me. I didn't try others.

I already tried the external HDD to my other, more recent MacBook Pro, but that didn't work. Today, I tried it again on my more recent MacBook Pro, but this time in my parent's house and there, for some magical reason, it worked. I removed it safely. And now it works again on my normal MacBook Pro aswell.

The problem is solved by itself, although I have no idea what did the trick.

External HDD won't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.