Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes - Windows 8.1

Been having problems with iTunes on 8.1 launching and/or loading since October. After time here and there yesterday, I FINALLY got it to run after numerous attempts of uninstalling all of iTunes and its components, rebooting, Windows Updates, ann re-installing.

iTunes now works however it now will not recognize any of my devices. After hours of uninstalling and re-installing again, I downloaded 12.1 for 64 bits (with older video devices). If recognized my iPOD only once, just long enough for me to sync and now it is not recognizing it again. I keep getting the message "An iPod has been detected but could not be recognized properly. Please disconnect, then re-connect this iPod again. If the problem persists uninstall, and then re-install iTunes again.

I've read many similar articles regarding this and it seems like many are having similar problems and it takes a whole lot of work to fix what should be a simple issue. Apple Mobile Device Support is not being installed with the 12.1 update, or there are some serious compatibility problems with iTunes and Windows 8.

Please fix, way too much time wasted on this.

iPod nano, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 9:58 AM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2015 11:06 AM in response to NickSC628

Hi NickSC628,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the iPod is not being recognized in iTunes. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iPod nano: Error message saying that iPod could not be identified properly - Apple Support

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended affects.

If Apple Mobile Device Support is still not installed, follow the steps in this article.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

iTunes - Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.