Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message when trying to import CD into itunes

Error message when trying to import CD into itunes. "Error occured while converting the file 'name of song' The required disk coannot be found"

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 11:36 AM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Grigsby9

Hi Grigsby9,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. This error usually appears when your iTunes Media folder location is incorrectly configured in your iTunes Advanced preferences. Let’s check these preferences to makes sure that iTunes is point to a folder that exists:

Locate and organize your iTunes files - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht1391

Find and change the iTunes Media folder location

You can change the iTunes Media folder location to share music between accounts on the same computer.

1.Mac OS X: Choose iTunes > Preferences.

Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences.

2. Click the Advanced pane.

User uploaded file

- Matt M.

Jun 30, 2015 7:46 AM in response to Matt_M.

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I recently purchased an iMac and loaded my iTunes library from an external hard drive, which is where I plan to keep my music rather than put it on the iMac's hard drive.

I can play music, but am not able to import CDs or download from the iTunes store.

I've gone into the iTunes advanced settings to be sure the iTunes media folder location is set to my external hard drive.

And I've tried selecting different folder locations on the hard drive: 'my music,' 'iTunes,' and 'iTunes Music.'

Each of those selections will allow me to play music, but not to import CDs.

Any suggestions about what else I can try?

error message when trying to import CD into itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.