Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac not recognizing LG External / GE24 Super Multi DVD Rewriter

Since Mountain Lion, I have been able to use my LG External / GE24 Super Multi DVD Rewriter attached by a USB 2.0 connection on my iMac. Now with Yosemite, my iMac cannot find it. I also have a Macbook Pro with Yosemite. It, too, would not find the drive. My wife has a Mac Mini with Yosemite and no luck there either. Here is what I mean when it could not find the drive.

• Inserting a DVD to see if it would autoplay it.
  • Inserting a music CD to see if it would play or import it using iTunes.
  • While printing a CD using the Lightscribe Software for Mac (1.2.2) that software could not find the drive in its drive list.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Is there an update to Yosemite coming that could address this issue?

Please advise ASAP.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Feb 22, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Mr. Questor

You could see if the LG support web site offers any ideas; and if their product

has any retail warranty (replacement or repair) you could ask the retailer if

there is a way to replace it with a similar model. And hope the LG is the issue.

If you know of anyone with an older OS X version, they may be able to test the

LG external optical drive for you to see if it is part of the problem... Generally

these kinds of optical drives are relatively inexpensive, so maybe you should

try a different model and be sure to check the returns policy at the retailer in

case that too seems defective; it could be taken back as part of a test.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

iMac not recognizing LG External / GE24 Super Multi DVD Rewriter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.