Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having Issues Recording

When I arm the record button (before I start recording), I see the signal coming through on the input level meter, but no signal coming through on the output level meter (neither on the main stereo nor any buses that I am sending the signal to.) However, when I click on the input monitoring button, I get both input and output, with effects and all. I have never had to even worry about input monitoring before, and I don't know why it has to be on for me now to get both input and output. I have initialized all settings except key commands already and this problem persists. Audio does record however, once in record mode, but it is annoying to not be able to hear before/during recording. This problem may be the result of some sort of glitch because I've noticed that my Logic seems to be very laggy and has some issues such as: visual signal in the level meter freezing once I stop the project, audio fx like reverb do not show up in the audio fx bar, playhead freezes even though the project is still going. Any help would be appreciated, I am running version Pro X version 10.1.0 on OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Logic Pro Version 10.1.0

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 12:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 5:16 PM in response to Pancenter

I have a similar problem. With Logic 8 and 9, I had no issues with recording. However, with LPX (and after upgrades to Mavericks, and then Yosemite) the Input Monitoring seems very glitchy. By glitchy, I mean that the audio input shows activity on my USB audio interface, but no sound is produced through Logic once the track is armed and recording begins. If I stop the recording, the audio is then sometimes monitored (heard) through the speakers. Clicking the "I" button on and off sometimes temporarily resolves to problem so I can hear the monitored audio while recording or not, but this resolution is only sporadic, with no apparent rhyme or reason. Disabling and re-enabling Core Audio also temporarily resolves the issue, only to have it return.

I have software monitoring enabled, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logic, re-initialized parameters, and adjusted audio latency settings to their most conservative values. I have even tried an upgraded audio interface, moving from an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra to a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, with the same issue using both interfaces. I am using a Macbook Pro Retina 15" mid 2012 with 16GB RAM quad core i7, 768GB SSD. My USB audio interface is NOT connected via a USB hub.

I am wondering if there is a bug in Core Audio, LPX, or somewhere else isolated to my system. In any event, it is becoming a major hindrance to my workflow 😟

Having Issues Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.