Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod keeps "turning on" the apple will show up, fade away, and then repeat. It has been doing this for hours.

my ipod wont turn on. the white apple with the bite appears, stays for about 10 to 15 seconds like it normally does for booting up, then fades away and the screen goes black. 5 seconds later it repeats. it has been doing this for hours now. I tried the home and power button thing and the screen went black. then i hit the power button and it continued to do the same thing. i tried plugging it in to my wall, my charger recognised that it was charging. i tried plugging it into my computer and it made a sound like something was plugged in. but nothing came up.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 1:52 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2015 2:10 PM in response to posipod5thgen

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My ipod keeps "turning on" the apple will show up, fade away, and then repeat. It has been doing this for hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.