Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch stuck on recovery, error (1)

Hello everyone. I decided to restore my perfectly working iPod Touch with the latest version of iTunes (11.1) on the latest version of Windows (8.1), but I keep on seeing the error "it's impossible to restore iPod "iPod". An unknown error happened (1)." Now, I've read that the "error (1)" is a hardware error, but my iPod was working until the restoring. Now it keeps on showing the apple and if I connect it again to the pc iTunes tells me to restore it, and so on.

What can I do? I used it a lot without any problem and now that i tried to restore it it seems to be...broken? How on Earth?

Thanks in advance

iPod touch, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 3:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2015 3:06 PM in response to gabo86

ERROR (1)

- Place the iPod in DFU mode and then restore

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- Try on another computer

- Try another cable

- Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

ipod touch stuck on recovery, error (1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.