Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound during incoming and outgoing calls

Hey guys! So I wanted to share a little problem I've been having with my phone, hopefully one of you geniuses can offer a quick home fix and I won't have to take it to the store. 🙂

Whenever I receive/make calls, I cannot hear/transmit sounds. I've tried everything -- wearing earphones, putting my phone on speaker mode and even connecting it via Bluetooth to an external speaker, but I can't seem to make it work for the life of me. I've already reset the entire device and network settings and still haven't been able to make any progress. What's even weirder is that FaceTime works and music plays fine (via my Library, SoundCloud and Spotify), either when wearing headphones or when playing it out loud. Also, calls can get through and my ringtone works, so basically the problem has to do with hearing peoples' voices during the calls themselves.

Any ideas?

It's an iPhone 4S by the way and it's been updated to the latest OS X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 4:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2015 6:29 AM in response to hungryscholar

Hi hungryscholar,

If you are having issues with your iPhone sound not functioning during phone calls only, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

No sound during incoming and outgoing calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.