Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you "mark" a book read in ibook?

I file my books by "author" so I all books written by that author. So how do I "mark" the books that I've "read"?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 8:21 PM

Sorry - thought this question referred to iBooks on an iOS device - MY BAD! Don't know if the suggestions below would work for iBooks on the Mac:

Here are three options that bobseufert provided in another post with this same question:

- Delete the books from your device so that they go back into the cloud under Purchased

- Add a new collection to put all "Read" books in

- Hold your finger on the unread books and move them to the top of the shelf

That's about all you can do.

Kindle works the same way. I just remove any books I've read from the device.

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Cynthia Mcdonagh

Sorry - thought this question referred to iBooks on an iOS device - MY BAD! Don't know if the suggestions below would work for iBooks on the Mac:

Here are three options that bobseufert provided in another post with this same question:

- Delete the books from your device so that they go back into the cloud under Purchased

- Add a new collection to put all "Read" books in

- Hold your finger on the unread books and move them to the top of the shelf

That's about all you can do.

Kindle works the same way. I just remove any books I've read from the device.

Cheers,

GB

Feb 23, 2015 12:40 AM in response to gail from maine

Love you Kitty Cat Gail. Thanks for your feedback but I really want is to keep my books by authors together and have a way to either highlight the book, or have some sort of symbol to indicate I've read it. I can't believe no one else has asked about this. In my hardcopy book library at home, I file by author on a shelf of "read book" and "unread books". In the end, when I've completed a triology, a series, etc, the books/authors are filed together>

I will keep searching>

How do you "mark" a book read in ibook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.