Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay icon missing from ipad2 with iOS 8.1.3

I have an iOS 8.1.3 updated iPad2 that does not show the Airplay icon. Airplay required when using Mirror360 applicant so I can mirror my iPad to my MacBook for presentations. Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3, airplay icon missing

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 6:24 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2015 6:55 AM in response to pcledwards

Hi pcledwards,

So you go to the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and you do not see the AirPlay icon.

AirPlay - iPad User Guide

Use AirPlay to stream music, photos, and video wirelessly to Apple TV and other AirPlay-enabled devices. If you don’t see your AirPlay-enabled devices when you tap the AirPlay button, you may also need to make sure everything is on the same Wi-Fi network.

Display the AirPlay controls. Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center, then tap User uploaded file.

As it says, "make sure everything is on the same Wi-Fi network". If my Wi-Fi is off for example, I do not see the AirPlay icon.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.,

Nubz

airplay icon missing from ipad2 with iOS 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.