Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the repair for error message URF Error- URFPWG Decoding fail?

I can't print from my IPad or my IPhone. The printer acts like it is going to print but it fails to complete the task. It has worked well in the past for both devices. Is there an fix for operating under 8.013?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 9:26 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 7:19 AM in response to rwgeorge2

Hi, rwgeorge2.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are receiving an error when attempting to print. I would start with restarting your iOS devices, your printer and router. Once this is done, test the results. If the issue persists, there are some helpful troubleshooting steps in the article below.

If you're unable to print

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

Make sure your printer has paper, and enough ink or toner installed.

Make sure your printer is connected to the same network as your Mac or iOS device.

Make sure your printer has power and is turned on. Try turning your printer off and then back on again to see if it resolves the issue.

Check to see if your printer has any error lights or indicators. Check the documentation that came with your printer to clear any errors displayed.

Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer. Check your printer's documentation or contact the printer vendor for more information. A firmware update may be available, even if you just bought your printer.

About AirPrint

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

-Jason H.

What is the repair for error message URF Error- URFPWG Decoding fail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.