Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2011 repair extension

I have an early 15 inch macbook pro 2011 which has the same exact issue that the repair extension covers yet my serial number is not on the list. Did Apple miss something?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.3, early 2011

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 9:59 PM

6 replies

Feb 23, 2015 5:16 PM in response to mende1

What he is referring to, I suspect, is the same issue I encountered. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013). The Repair Extension Program page lists that model. But it goes on to say "Use the "Check your Coverage" tool on the Apple Support site to determine if your MacBook Pro model matches the list of affected products below." Doing so yields the following results for my computer:

Valid Purchase Date

Telephone Technical Support: Expired

Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired

This would seem to indicate my particular machine is not eligible. But, since it has been experiencing unexplained shutdowns (requiring a restart), I feel it should be. I found this thread while looking for more information.I suspect my only recourse is to take it in to an Apple store and hope I can convince them to repair it. Do you agree?

Feb 26, 2015 10:38 AM in response to Patrick Augie

I have this exact issue with my Macbook Pro Early 2011 model. It has the video issue (in fact, i've had it stashed in a closet since about 8 months ago, since I refused to pay 1000$+ for repairs), but when entering the serial number I don't get any info on having a warranty extension, just the following:

Valid Purchase Date.

Telephone Technical Support: Expired

Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired

Mar 3, 2015 10:02 PM in response to giancian

I called the apple store and they were confused about the website information as well. I gave them my serial number and they were uncertain if my computer was covered by the extended video warranty. They gave me the phone number for apple care and said I should ask them.. I talked to a representative,at applecare, and she said that it should be covered since it was one of the years that the recall was for. She said for me to make an appointment at the apple store and take it in. It is funny because even she sounded a little uncertain as she was saying it.. She said it should be covered she didn't say it not was covered.. Apple needs to get their act together...

macbook pro 2011 repair extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.