Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new mail has several tones?

whenever i check my email, I get a different ringtone for one of my accounts, but I cant figure out how to fix the problem. when I go to sounds in general, the new mail tone is correct, but somehow I managed to get one of the 5 email accounts I have to playback as the old motorola 'hello moto' ringtone, and its driving me crazy. I don't have a clue how I screwed it up, but that's the way its been for like 3 weeks. any help would be awesome! thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3, 5th Gen Slate Blue 64 GB model

Posted on Feb 22, 2015 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 10:40 PM

You can set individual alert tonnes for specific senders. Could that be the reason?

Nextt would be to:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Last, delete the mail account from the iPod and reenter the settings. Note that all messages will be deleted and only if yo have an IMAP or Exchange account will the messages be restored.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2015 10:40 PM in response to Arhsmacdude

You can set individual alert tonnes for specific senders. Could that be the reason?

Nextt would be to:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Last, delete the mail account from the iPod and reenter the settings. Note that all messages will be deleted and only if yo have an IMAP or Exchange account will the messages be restored.

new mail has several tones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.