Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to replace the DDR3 with a new SSD

As my Macbook late 2009 is very slow I want to replace the harddisk DDR3 with a new harddisk

SSD. Which one can I buy that will fit in my Macbook 6,1 13".

Upgraded with Mac OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) - serial SATA is NVDIA GeForce 9400 M

thank you

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 6:10 AM

{DDR3 is a specification of the random access memory (RAM) in the computer, it does not describe the hard drive.}

Any 7 mm SSD drive will fit. The physical dimensions are shown in the diagram. These are standard, you only have to specify "laptop drive" - they are all the same size.

Your computer has a 3.0 Gbps Serial ATA (SATA) interface. This is also called SATA 2. You can use a SATA 2 or a SATA 3 drive.

In sum then, you should look for SATA2 or SATA3 laptop drive.

Sorry I do not know the names of hard drive vendors in Germany. I suggest you look for reliable brand names like Intel, Crucial, etc. I have also used OCZ and Samsung. No complaints.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2015 6:10 AM in response to janefromhöhr-grenzhausen

{DDR3 is a specification of the random access memory (RAM) in the computer, it does not describe the hard drive.}

Any 7 mm SSD drive will fit. The physical dimensions are shown in the diagram. These are standard, you only have to specify "laptop drive" - they are all the same size.

Your computer has a 3.0 Gbps Serial ATA (SATA) interface. This is also called SATA 2. You can use a SATA 2 or a SATA 3 drive.

In sum then, you should look for SATA2 or SATA3 laptop drive.

Sorry I do not know the names of hard drive vendors in Germany. I suggest you look for reliable brand names like Intel, Crucial, etc. I have also used OCZ and Samsung. No complaints.

User uploaded file

I want to replace the DDR3 with a new SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.